Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sodam Korean House

Last Thursday we attended Party in the Park. As a young adult I have never been to Party in the Park. Party in the Park is Rochester's equivalent to Thursday in the Square in Buffalo, which I have also never been to. So when my parents asked me to go with them I jumped at the opportunity! The concert was featuring Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings and actually took place at the Main Street Armory because it was going to rain. Before we went to the concert we went to Sodam. Sodam is in a very unique location at Genesee Regional Market. The interesting thing about its location is that you would have no idea that it was there unless someone told you about it. Someone that my dad works with suggested going to dinner here and we finally went! Oh my goodness. The food was delicious. We started with several small plates of kimchi, seaweed, bean sprouts and fish cakes. Then we were served roasted corn and barley tea which was very earthy tasting and delicious. After our tea we had the kimchi jeon as our appetizer. The kimchi jeon is a korean style crispy rice flour pancake with kimchi and vegetables. This was my favorite part of the meal. I could live on kimchi pancakes and be perfectly satisfied. For our entrees we ordered Dolsot Bibimbob, Shrimp and Broccoli and Bulgogi. All of the food came to the table steaming! We even saw a cup of noodles come out and broth was still boiling! I can't wait to go back and try out some other dishes at Sodam.




No comments: