Monday, October 29, 2012

Italian Sausage Soup

It all began with an invitation to join friends at a local establishment, The American Hotelknown for their soups! The Kale Soup that night was delicious! I was determined to duplicate it!
I began by using local Italian sausage from Aberdeen Hill Farm in Gorham, New York~yum! 
I browned the sausage, onions, and garlic creating a rich base for deglazing.
Then I added beautiful purple potatoes from our Sunday Farmer's Market (for you CC)!
All the veggies are from our local farmers!
The result of my first try was a yummy sausage soup, but not the delicious green, kale soup my friends all enjoyed! This is a work in progress and one of the many reasons The RQ loves to spend time in the kitchen! Local readers, don't wait for The RQ to solve this mystery. Head on down to the American Hotel and ENJOY a hot bowl of soup!

1 comment:

We Are Not Martha said...

Well, it sounds yummy to me!! But I you can perfect it to your liking! :)

Sues