Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dreaded Chocolate Chip Cookies


Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite things when I come home! Recently I made them and something went horribly wrong. They came out like flat pancakes! I couldn't figure out what was wrong so after a few trial and errors I decided to make them with an added 1 teaspoon of baking powder! That did the trick! Yummy! I wish there was still some left!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks of butter
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 t salt
1 t vanilla
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
2 1/4 c bread flour
Lots of chocolate chips

Combine in the order above. Bake at 350 for 9 minutes. 

2 comments:

We Are Not Martha said...

Yum, those look great!! This happened to me once and I discovered it was because my baking soda was too old (oops). I had no idea!

Sues

am denton said...

Oh no!! Well, I also ended up using bread flour which helped with the firmness of the cookies! They're my favorite but I wish they would come out consistently! I'm going to try to make these other cookies called Rolo Cookies that I saw on another blog: http://bit.ly/kuZbY
thanks!
am