Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Coconut Granita

 
This frozen treat is something that I stumbled across on my refrigerator at home. DD had conveniently posted an entire recipe guide from a magazine about granita. There were four variations and I tried two. My favorite one was the one with coconut milk and the other one I made was with green tea and honey. It was a little strong on the honey side even after I adjusted it. So I made the coconut one again! It was delicious, healthy and vegan! Three things that didn't make it last long, hence the empty cup above and neglected tray of coconut macaroons. It is quite easy, put the three ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. If you are going to add a flavor such as lime juice or mango puree add this after you take it off the stove. Then put in a shallow container into the freezer uncovered. Every hour or so stir the mixture with a whisk or fork and place it back in the freezer.

16oz coconut milk
8oz sugar
4oz water

and since 1 can of coconut milk is usually 13.5oz here is the conversion:
13.5oz coconut milk
6.6oz sugar
3.3oz water

+a little mango puree or lime juice for flavor

No comments: