Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Royal Icing & Sugar Cookies





A little over a week ago-I was presented with a challenge. To create sugar cookies with a meaningful symbol in memory of Peter Cannon. Peter Cannon was a cherished member in our community and also a friend of my family and many families that continue to miss him everyday. Peter's high school class graduation was this past Saturday. In memory of Peter on graduation day I was commissioned to create a memorable token. My brother B, brought to my attention that Peter used to strike this pose...the lighting/bolt pose. At first I had no idea how I was going to transfer that image onto a cookie. But somehow within the week I learned how to make royal icing and decorate to the best of my abilities. I hope that I was successful. Please check out the tutorial that I followed. Peter I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Bill Cannon said...

Ms. AM Denton
The Cannon's and all of Peter's classmates really enjoyed those cookies. I like the symbol and the tender-loving-care that went into them. I think I can speak for Peter... he would love them also. He would say they're "HUUUUUGGGGE" !

Love you, Bill Cannon