These cookies were apart of my cookie practical last week. They are quite simple to make and delicious! I would recommend making these this year for the holidays!
16oz almond paste
3.5oz egg whites
to taste lemon zest
sliced, crushed almonds
1. With paddle in a kitchenaid mixer add almond paste, sugar and lemon zest until the mixture resembles small peas.
2. Add the whites slowly and scrape often.
3. Once the mixture is homogenous, scoop even portions (or use a no.100 scoop) into a bowl of sliced, crushed almonds.
4. Roll balls into logs an inch and a half long and shape into crescents.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F until light brown. Dip in chocolate when they are cool.