Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sweet Potato Pancakes

I used to not like pancakes. Then I had a change of heart! And now I love pancakes. I love that you can add just about anything to simple pancake batter and have an amazing pancake! This week I made Sweet Potato Pancakes! Delicious! I made a simple pancake recipe and added half a mushed up roasted sweet potato. Mushed is technical term for roasted vegetables that have been crushed to a creamy consistency. Enjoy!

Sweet Potato Pancakes

1 cup flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 Sweet Potato Roasted & Mushed

1. Sift the dry ingredients together.
2. Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Add the mushed sweet potato. Bake on a skillet with butter!
3. Serve with maple syrup!

Another variation that I concocted when I was camping once was with a store bought pancake mix that only needed water added to it. I then added bananas, cinnamon and wheat germ! The addition of those three things made a to die for camping pancake recipe that was easy to whip up in the morning on the gasoline powered camping stove.

No comments: