Thursday, July 19, 2012

Blueberry Crumb Pie

I would like to sincerely apologize for my lack of presence on Together Cooking recently. After returning from Colorado I was extremely busy with moving back to school and returning to the the life of being a student. My basic day is breakfast, work, lunch, class, class, class, dinner, class, work out, homework, sleep. I promise that now that I am back to my regular routine I will be back blogging and sharing my culinary adventures with my friends and readers. I am planning on putting up some Colorado leftover posts and some new posts as well. To start this off I would like to share with you a recipe for Blueberry Crumble Pie. I decided to make this after dinner one night for dessert. If you would like to make this pie I would recommend making it ahead of serving it so that it cools to room temperature which allows the pie to set up. Otherwise you will have a liquidy mess of blueberry all over your plate. Enjoy!

Blueberry Crumble Pie

Pie Dough:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
5 T cold water
dash salt

Cut the butter into chunks and combine with the flour and salt. Add cold water until the dough forms a ball. Roll out and place in pie dish. Place the rolled out dough in the freezer for 20 minutes before adding the filling and the crumb topping.

Filling:
4 cups blueberries
1 T lemon juice
3/4 cups sugar
3 T cornstarch
1/2 t lemon zest
1/4 t salt

Place the blueberries in a large bowl with lemon juice. In a separate bowl combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and salt. Add to berries mixture and stir. Set aside.

Crumb Topping:
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup butter, melted

Combine the dry ingredients then stir in melted butter. Remove crust from freezer. Add blueberries. Add crumb mixture. Place in 375F oven for 45 minutes. Until the berries start to bubble. Remove and let sit until room temperature before serving. Enjoy!

No comments: