Monday, April 9, 2012

The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is what it says. It is a zoo on the side of the mountain. It was a hilly walk and a windy day and I made sure to put on lots of sunscreen. The last time I spent all day in the sun I was burnt badly. So I learned my lesson and lacquered up in some SPF 70. The coolest exhibit at the zoo was the giraffes! I have never been so close to a giraffe. There were about 10 of them in this area and they would come right up and eat the biscuits out of your hand. It was a really cool experience. I could have spent all day at the giraffe exhibit.
After seeing all the exhibits you are at the top of the zoo. Below you can see the hotel and surrounding golf courses at The Broadmoor Resort....that's where I work! We walked to the top but there is also a ski lift (see black line) that takes people to the top as well.

1 comment:

Gary Denton said...

Makes you wonder what kind of biscuist she cooked for the giraffes..