Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pikes Peak

Another exciting landmark in Colorado Springs is Pikes Peak! Some people hike up to it, some people take a train up to it. We drove. It was the scariest drive in my life. Pikes Peak sits west of the city and is the most visited mountain in North America and the second most visited mountain in the world behind Japan's Mount Fuji. Pikes Peak is at an altitude of 14,110 feet above sea level and is the 31st highest peak out of 54 Colorado peaks. The view from the top was worth the drive!
Pikes Peak reminded me of the commercials you see on tv. This is where they must film the Subaru and Nissan commercials. The places they advertise but you never see. Well now my Prius has been there!
We saw this sign on the way down. It was while we were descending Devils Playground. Which is a series or switchbacks. I felt much better driving down than I did driving up! I was a little disappointed when we got to the top because they weren't making their specially formulated high altitude donuts! I think its a sign that I don't need anymore donuts! :)

No comments: