Friday, March 2, 2012

Flatbread Pizza

Flatbread pizza crust! Recipe below. I love the taste of homemade crust and the best part is that you can top it with anything. For this one I sauteed garlic and shallots in olive oil and added spinach, eggplant and zucchini. I put that on the pizza and then added mozzarella cheese. It was so good for dinner! And its going to be just as good for lunch, because I made myself a whole pizza! The last time I made this crust DD and I topped it with spinach and artichokes! Another good combination. I am not really a red sauce and cheese kind of girl so getting to choose something else is definitely the way to go!

Flatbread Dough-makes 4 crusts

2 3/4 cups lukewarm water
1 1/2 tablespoon granulated yeast
1 1/2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
6 1/2 cups flour

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Add the flour and stir. Cover and let rest for 2 hours. Use or refrigerate and use within 12 days. Prebake at 375 for 12 minutes before adding toppings. Finish baking until done then eat! 

Flatbread Dough Recipe for 1 crust

1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoon water
1 1/8 teaspoon yeast
1 1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Add the flour and stir. Cover and let rest for 2 hours. Prebake at 375 for 12 minutes before adding toppings. Finish baking until done then eat! 

No comments: