Sunday, March 4, 2012

Marikas



I finally made it to Manitou Springs. Manitou Springs is similar to Old Colorado City but there are more tourists. My goal today was to check out the town and head to Marikas and sit down with a coffee and one of their famous oatmeal cream pies. Their oatmeal cream pies were about as large as the donuts at The Donut Mill in Woodland! I ate about a quarter of it and wrapped it up. It should last me for a few days! My white mocha was recommended by the barista and was delicious but very sweet, especially in combination with the record breaking oatmeal cream pie. Marikas is a cafe/gallery. When you enter it is set up very similar to Starbucks, the same cases and baskets with little treats in them. I ordered and headed up to one of the various velvet couches and made myself comfortable. After realizing that this oatmeal cream pie was going to last until the end of next week I pulled out my book, Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant. So there I was sitting alone, reading a book about dining alone and completely enjoying myself. As I sat there the barista sat at the bar singing along with the music streaming from her laptop. I was enjoying her music choices so I did not mind. As she was singing along I realized that I usually don't sing aloud in front of anyone until I've spent a serious amount of time with them. But she didn't care if anyone could hear. She also had green bangs so she must really have been outgoing. I don't have green bangs.

No comments: